Saturday 2 March 2013

The Corrie Review 1/3/13

Yes late again because I got caught up watching a great film on More4. Seriously they had Maggie Smith as the serial killer. If that isn't an awesome thing, I don't know what is!

The 'Make it stop!!!' storyline.

Dear writers
STOP TRYING TO MAKE KATY AND RYAN HAPPEN. KATY AND RYAN ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Love Regards

Joseph

PS: Shirtless Ryan scenes inspires me to vomit in my mouth. Make it stop.


The Truth About Eric

How deliciously bitchy was Doris last night? I really enjoyed some of her lines. Sadly it looks like she was only down for one appearance. But what an appearance! Her smugness and bitchiness kinda reminded me of Claudia actually. Bring back Claudia! Audrey needs a friend!
After Her Royal Bitchiness left the pub, Gloria and Eva decided to rise above their differences and met in the middle for what made to be a really nice scene. And yes it was a blatant 'Storyline's over folks! Move along to Katy/Ryan now!' by the writers but I didn't mind. They couldn't really have dragged this arc out any further even if I do wish we could have seen more Eric. But that's just a minor quibble.

Inserted here because it's related to this storyline but doesn't deserve a bold header status. How scary was John Michie as Karl when he grabbed and tried to kiss Stella like that. I actually thought Stella was in for another rape. That was a pretty compelling scene even if I don't agree with this storyline! Wow!


Flash Resurrected

Another storyline ending is the Flash! Tortoise story in which Mandy finally got her revenge. I won't recount the ways in which she did it because when I tried to do that, it involved the use of the phrase Flashes ashes.

But I do enjoy this pairing in the more comedic storylines. They remind me of George & Mildred back in the seventies, in particular that episode when George lost Truffles the Dog and bought a new one to try and fool his wife. Inspiration perhaps? It's an awesome place to get it from, since George & Mildred is one of the best sitcoms in the history of ever. (Yes I am old at heart! Live with it!)


Nicks and Nacks

  • Erm... where's this Paul storyline going? I'm sure Tony Hirst is a nice man but the thought of seeing him minus clothes inspires the word eeeewwww.
  • In fact, there seemed to be a lot of setting up on yesterday's episode. That little story above was probably an attempt to remind us of who this Paul bloke is. And of course, Tyrone is starting to get mentioned again after a suspiciously silent break. It's the trial in a couple of weeks so it's just setting up for that now.

So that's all that happened on Friday's episode. I so hope that this is Collinson's stuff airing because apart from the babydaddy storyline, I am not enjoying Corrie at the moment. Granted, I probably started this blog at the right time so I could mock the hell out of this but I'm not enjoying watching it. According to TV Times, Blackburn's stuff starts airing early next month so until then readers!

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment